Mentorship can help students more easily explore career paths, build knowledge and skills beyond the classroom, and make connections that can help support their career goals. Professionals who choose to give of their time in mentoring students also benefit from staying connected to emerging talent and the new ideas they bring.
Matching continues for 2022-2023 - We still have mentees and mentors to connect this year!Mentees: send a request or two to mentors who you'd like to inquire about mentoring you for the year!
Mentors: keep an eye on your inbox for a mentorship request. Update your profile to ensure students can find your overlapping passion areas more easily.
- Efficient: our profile questionnaire is designed to help match you with those with similar interests or backgrounds
- Flexible: choose from a variety of provided monthly prompts, time commitment: approximately 2 hours/month per Mentee
- Fun: some of our suggestions will get you out and about, as much or as little as you'd like
Mentorship builds confidence and knowledge in students as they navigate their academic and career journeys. It’s mutually beneficial for both the mentor and mentee in generating enthusiasm, sharing knowledge, and fostering curiosity.
CAP MP! is structured as follows:
- CAP MP! is an online mentorship platform through which you match with a mentor/mentee after completing your mentorship profile. Mentees will send Mentors connection requests and Mentors can accept 1-2 Mentees.
- The mentorship pairing will be in effect throughout the academic year, beginning in the fall and ending after the spring semester.
- On the first Monday of each month, mentorship teams are given various prompts for activities related to the profession or beginning a job search.
- We want you to have fun! Activities will range in size and we look forward to having social events as well!
- We encourage individuals to maintain a professional relationship even after the official mentoring period has passed. It’s all part of building your network!
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Skidmore, Director of Professional Development and Internships.
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell